Wednesday 25 June 2014

Global Strikers : June Birchbox

Woohoo! I got my first Birchbox this month! I've been intrigued for a while, but this months box looked like a really good selection from the previews and the first spoilers, so I took the plunge and signed my butt up!


So now I thought i'd show you what I got in my box!
Warning. Potential spoilers coming up!

Open, Sesame!

I was instantly excited by the products I received in my box, as everything is something that I will definitely have a little try with. I'm already excited to see what arrives in July's box, but for now... A closer look at the box contents woohoo!


First up is the beautyblender and blendercleanser soap duo! As far as I can tell this is full size, and retails for £26! So I was really amazed that these were coming out in folk's boxes and it's what swayed me to subscribe this month... Even though I don't actually wear foundation...

Second up is the Noabay Body Radiance Lotion. I was happy to see the words natural and organic, and the sample is a really nice size. I'm really excited to try this as, at £14 for 250ml, it is something i'd consider purchasing if it works for me.

Caudalie isn't a brand i'd even consider if it hadn't have arrived in my box, as this 'Broad Spectrum SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid' retails at a whopping £38.00 for 40ml! Although i'd say the sample size is more than adequate for a few applications. Even then, i'm not convinced that i'd use it...

Something I regularly use, is Nail Polish! O.P.I mini's are really tiny and are around the four pound mark each. The shade that arrived in my box is called "I Just Can't Cope-Acabana". I love the funny puns that make up the shade names. I'm not entirely sure if I'll use this shade, so I may be swapping it with one of my friends.

The final product is a sample from theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Palette. The shade I got is Pie, but I don't know if there were any other shades available. A full size palette retails for £26, and contains six multi-tasking cream shades.
I'm probably most excited about this sample, as it is really cute and has a nice colour. I recieved some great selfies from my friend wearing it and it looks stunning on her. I'm debating whether to save this for my travel kit, or to make it my handbag essential. Such a tough choice.

This month's lifestyle extra is a flip flop keyring in the same Brazil inspired colours as this months drawstring bag. I was going to give this to my friend, but then she subscribed for her own box. So I shall be keeping it.

Anyone else fancy a Birchbox subscription of their own? There's currently a great competition for all subscribers to win a great stash of Benefit products. So if you use my link, I get extra entries and i'd super appreciate it! You can do that by clicking here.

Stay tuned! I have a few interesting posts coming your way soon now i've got a better set up for photographs! (Although, i'm probably going to change it again soon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment