Tuesday 19 August 2014

Away We Go : August Birchbox

Hey everyone!
Today I have two Birchboxes to show you, as both me and my mum get boxes in my house.
This months theme is Away We Go, promising boxes of goodies perfect for holidays!
So lets see what's in these boxes.
Side by Side, this is what we pulled out of our boxes. Mums is on the left. Mine is on the right.
The cute drawstring bags are replaced this month by an adorable little make-up bag. 
 

First up is this months lifestyle extra. We each received a chapter extract of The Proposal by Tasmina Perry available in the birchbox shop for £7.99. I'm really looking forward to giving this a read, and I was really pleased to see a chapter extract in my box. I really hope they do this again as I think its a really interesting extra to have.

Supergoop! - Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium (£32)
I'm looking forward to trying this product, as I really like the idea of it adjusting itself to meet the colour I need. It's a great travel product for evening out skintone on the go, and containing extra sunscreen to help protect skin from the sun is a bonus. Plus, I love the name. Supergoop! Sounds fun.


Chella - Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil (£15.95)
I am quite impressed with this as its a full size pencil by the looks of it, so at a £15.95 price tag it's already worth more than I paid for the entire box and postage! I've never heard of Chella before, but what's not to like about a new highlighter to try?

Number 4 - Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect (£20.00)
This is a really handy size for on the go, and this is probably going in to my travel kit for Paris to protect my hair from the abuse of the hairdryer and straighteners.

Nude - ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil (£58)
This is a really cute and dinky little sample, and I have heard of Nude before, just never tried the products myself. I have never used a treatment oil on my face before, so i'll probably try this at home and keep the little container for a travel refill if I like the product.

Vasanti - Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (£26.00)
I'm looking forward to trying this as the papaya and micro-crystals sound interesting. We got something similar in mums box, so it's going to be interesting to swap them over and compare them. They're roughly the same size samples, and same size and price for full size too. It'll be interesting to see what we like best.

I estimate this box is worth easily over £30, so i'm definitely getting my moneys worth and have some great new brands here that i've not tried before, which is really what appealed to me about Birchbox.

Now, on to mums box!

TommyGuns - Weather Protect Dew Drops Serum (£6.50)
I'm commandeering this for my holidays to help out against the winter winds. This is also a full size product so I was quite happy about seeing this in the box. I think the TommyGuns products look really nice and I was looking at buying some to try anyway. Now I have this one I nabbed from mums box! :p

LIAISON de PARFUM - Stay With Me (£105.00)
This smells really, really nice. Out of everything in the box, mum was most interested in this straight away as perfume is one of the things she can never try enough of... Wonder where I get it from? She really liked how this smelt. Maybe i'll save up my Birchbox points and treat her.

Wild About Beauty Creme Eyeshadow in Olivia (£13.00)
Out of all the colours available, I liked this one the most so I was happy that we got this one as it is something else i've nabbed. I like this kind of shade for the lazy no make up days.

Sarah McNamara - Miracle Skin Transformer (£25.00)
It'll be interesting to try this one and compare it to the Vasanti product I got in my box. I think mum is quite looking forward to trying this as it is something a bit new.

And last of all, mum also got the,
Supergoop! - Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium (£32)
I think it'll be really interesting to see what mum makes of these, and if she doesn't like one, I get to nab the second! We have a good deal in our house. Well, not that good as I get to pay for them both!

I estimate this to also be worth somewhere around the £30 mark, so for the £10 price tag i'm really happy with these boxes and really look forward to trying things out.

Do you have a Birchbox subscription? What goodies did you get this month?

Don't have a subscription and fancy one? Why not use my referral link by clicking here to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment