Sunday 10 August 2014

[Top Five] Cruelty Free Brands

Hows everyone doing on this lovely Sunday?
(Or not so lovely Sunday... I'm not quite sure what the weather is doing right now...)

I might finally be getting the hang of this regular posting business! And to help me keep it up, and fend away those 'I don't know what to write about' days... I'm introducing a little series to my blog, where i'll share my top fives of all sorts!

Today's Top Five, are my favourite five cruelty free brands.

I try and shop cruelty free whenever I can, so today i'm not only going to share my go-to brands, but my ultimate must have from each brand. Ready? Let's peek!

5.

B. offer a wide range of make up and skincare products, at really reasonable prices. I'm currently testing out their skincare and like it, so I'm more than open to trying more of their products. It's great to know that I can pop into Superdrug and head straight to a brand I know is cruelty free. 

Must Have: Quick 4-in-1 Cleansing Wipes.
If you fancy giving these a go, B.Quick! (hehehe) These are currently half price!

4.

I'd love to try more OCC, i'm looking into picking up some of their pigments and pencils, but they also offer nail lacquer, concealers and a host of other goodies.

Must Have: Lip Tar.
All lip tars come with mini lip brush in a cute little pack. I have Black Dahlia and git the crazy lovely Traffic for my birthday. #swoon

3. 
Shadows, palettes, brushes and lashes galore. Sugarpill is great for all your bright eyeshadow needs. They have a great team on twitter and Instagram, and super cute packaging for their products. (With the exception of the edgy and downright awesome Cold Chemistry collection.)

Must Have: Pressed Eye Shadow in Tako.
Tako is a great multi-purpose matte white shade. I've seen people do amazing, weird and wonderful looks with this shadow. I like to play it safe and pop a bit on the inner corners to brighten up my eyes.

2.

 <<Source>>

Lime Crime offer a range of cruelty free lipsticks, glitters, palettes, eyeliners and the beautiful "Velvetine" matte liquid lipsticks. All in crazily cute packaging featuring roses and unicorns. 

Must Have: Fantasy Palette.
My first Fantasy Palette was the Alchemy shades. Five super soft and highly pigmented shades with amazing staying power. They come in super quirky packaging making them great gifts. (I think I squealed a little when I got mine for my birthday...) I definitely feel like investing in the other three styles of these great palettes.

1.
<<Source>>

Illamasqua has something all these other wonderful brands don't and it just rockets them into the top spot. Perfume! Plus there are physical counters about in the UK you can visit, staffed by lovely lovely people!

Must Have: Freak Perfume. (Review.)
If you fancy trying this, you can get a 30ml bottle, gorgeous nail polish and great pencil for £20.00 in the Illamasqua sale! Bargain.


Honourable Mentions.
  • Melt Cosmetics - Melt offer amazing cruelty free matte lipsticks, in a great range of shades. The popular colours like DGAF and 6six6 sell out very quickly, so signing up for newsletters and patience is a must!
  • Too Faced - This is such a fun and well known brand, and I am so glad they offer cruelty free products. I love their lip primer. ♥
  • Rituals - I'm new to Rituals, but so far I adore these products. Most notably the Carpe Diem shampoo I'm currently using. It smells divine.
  • Real Techniques - I adore Real Techniques eye brushes. I loved mine so much I got a second set. (Mainly just so I had to clean them less often. A win for laziness here!) I'm really interested in trying more brushes. They look good, do a great job and they are all completely synthetic! An absolute dream come true.

Who else loves these companies?

No comments:

Post a Comment