Friday 8 August 2014

Stars and Stripes : Glossy Box July 2014 (& Mums Birchbox!)

July was the month of my first Glossybox, and I must say... I am impressed.

 This picture looked so much better on my phone screen...  Someone, please remind me to grab camera batteries today!

First off, I love this box. I was hoping to use this to store things on display, but mine arrived a little dinked. Sadface... But hey... We'll just put that side facing the wall right? Problem solved. Now let's see what goodies I had inside.


Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd - Mineral Lipstick (Full Size - £20.00
I got the shade Ruby, which I was rather happy about as I am pretty sure I don't have a red so vibrant. I really like the design of the packaging on this, and it's quite a nice size. 



Absolute New York - Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer (Full Size - $4.99)
I'm up for giving this primer a shot. It's a brand I hadn't even heard of before receiving it in my Glossybox, which for me is half the fun of these boxes.

Carmex - Lip Balm (Full Size - £2.69)
This is a nice addition for putting away the winter. I've never used Carmex before but I have a friend who always swore by it, and loved the cherry addition. I think i'd have preferred a tube, but this is definitely going to have a good tour in my handbag when the cold arrives.





























Color Club - Glossy Seal (Full Size - Exclusive shade - $8.00)
Nail Polish is always great, but i'm not actually 100% sold on this colour. It's a little bit like a Nails Inc I had free with a diet coke about three years ago. I do like the branding on this, and the bottle itself feels of good quality. I'll keep you updated on the product inside!





























Tarte - Lights, Camera, Lashes ( Sample Sized. Full Size - £19.50)
I loved this mascara when I got it as part of my Sephora haul, so I was really hoping for this to be included in my box and I got my wish! So far it is stashed away nice and neatly in my box of travel goodies, but I may even hand it over to my mum for testing. (So far i've given her Lancome, Clinique and Make Up For Ever to try. This game is fun!)





























All in all, I am really impressed with the quality of this box! I've seen a spoiler saying there will be a Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer and Glossybox birthday special product in every box. Most definitely interested in seeing what that is.

Bonus! Birchbox for Mumsie!
I ordered my mum a Birchbox, to see what she thought and if she liked any of the products. I think she got quite a nice box containing;
  • Chia Shot
  • Number 4 - Number 4 Jour d'Automne Non Aerosol Hair Spray
  • Balance Me Eye Cream
  • Laqa & Co Lip Lube - Menatour
  • Whish - Whish Three Whishes Lavender Body Butter  
  • Benefit Porefessional
 She's quite excited for trying Benefit's Porefessional, as she hasn't had a pore minimizing primer before. Now we are getting excited for the arrival of the August boxes!

What is everyone hoping for in their August boxes?


No comments:

Post a Comment