Wednesday 22 October 2014

Pop Art : October Glossybox

October's Glossybox sounds awesome! I love the Pop-Art / Comic book kind of style and this box promises six products! Four to be full sized, one of which is a product from the brand Nuxe. Also one lucky person will win a pamper in Paris courtesy of the brand. Spoiler alert: it won't be me. Oh well!
Glossybox are now trialling an e-card which arrived by e-mail before my box so I knew in advance what I was getting. But seriously now! There are three French brands in Glossybox, two in Birchbox, more to come in My Little Box...
The beauty boxes are definitely taunting me...
So what goodies are in the Pop Art box?
Nuxe : Mask Crème Fraiche de Beauté (£19.50/50ml)
See what I mean? Everything is French! I'm being taunted. Glossybox say this provides instant relief for the driest of skin, with a nice white blossom fragrance. It's a pretty small size so this may well be getting thrown into my travel bag.

être belle Cosmetics : Liplift Peel (€12.95/15ml)
This seems really interesting. I love a good matte lip, so anything that can help keep my lips in tip top condition then it's worth a try. I think it also has anti-aging properties which is an added bonus.

So Susan : Flutter Mascara (£14.85/4ml)
I've not tried any So Susan products before but I have seen them around. I'm pretty loyal to my Bare Minerals mascara and have been amassing a little stash of trial sizes for when it runs out, so this will probably join them if mum doesn't steal it.

Ciate : Paint Pot (£9/13.5ml)
The last full size colour selection looked really interesting, and I liked all of them but I liked 'Ditch The Heels' the most. The shade I received was 'Talent Scout', which is still really nice. Although again, may have to protect this from being nabbed by mum. No purple polish is safe here...

Yves Rocher : Quelques Notes D’Amour (£33/30ml)
I like getting perfume samples in my boxes, I have a little stash as I think they're great for travel. Especially if you're going somewhere for a few days or only taking a carry on. I was actually really surprised by this as I was expecting one of those little vial cards. Nope, it's a cute little 5ml boxed bottle.

Rimmel London : Matte BB Cream (£6.99/30ml)
I've actually been looking for BB creams but haven't got the foggiest idea of where to start. I do love a matte finish on anything but i'm incredibly pale and nothing i've tried so far was looking like a good match. This comes in two shades, Light and Medium. I was sent an 8ml sized sample of the light shade. A dab on the hand says it's pretty ok match.

I have two problems with this box.
1) I really expected more colourful products than just the Ciate Paint Pot and the box itself.
2) I found a review online that I believe was from a French blogger and they had a mini Nars blush and Benefit It's Potent with two products we got in the September box here. (Model Co brows, Nails Inc Matte Topcoat.) That would have been a seriously cool box.

Other than that, this was a pretty nifty box and i'm happy with what i've received. But as I'm currently trying to save money for Paris, for the meantime, I have cancelled my subscription. I will be keeping my eye on future boxes though, and if any look great i'll probably get them.









Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment