Tuesday 17 February 2015

Hard Rock Cafe : Paris

Hey all! I've been promising these for a while, but its about time I came good and started getting out some of those Paris posts! I decided to kick off with a foodie, and I may disappoint you here, but it wasn't fancy French cuisine... But I am really excited to tell you about it because it was our first meal out in Paris, the first time i've eaten at one of these restaurants from a huge international chain... And it exceeded expectations. It was pretty easy to find too, just a short walk from the metro stop!

Now, I'm a very loud person... But for some reason, I become a very softly spoken person to the general public. So my doe eyed startled request for 'deux', must have sounded a lot like two and the staff switched to English for us! Luckily for us this happened a lot, because literally every time we tried to speak to someone in French... We forgot everything. (I think we even forgot basic English...)

 Best seat in the house... Worst angle for snapping a quick pic.

Lucky for us all the staff seemed to speak English. They were also friendly, and cheery and we were sat right under the quirky wall with cafe logo on! It was a great seat but made it really hard to take a good picture of the sign, and it did get a bit awkward when we were trying to eat our food and some tourists came and stood right in front of our table to have their picture taken...

It was a bit on the dark side, so photos didn't come out too great, but there were TV's dotted about playing classic 80's rock and memorabilia like signed guitars which gave the place a really cool atmosphere. There was a bit of a wait to be seated when we first arrived but we used that time to browse the 'Rock Shop' at the front. I wish I bought something but I didn't spot any little trinkets. A keyring or a shot glass would have been great.


There was a really good range of drinks and cocktails and I chose a Strawberry and Basil lemonade. I love the smell of basil, and there is always some in my house as it's Remy's favourite food. This seemed like such a peculiar combination on the menu but it really worked and was really refreshing.

When it came to the food, we started off by sharing a side of onion rings. These weren't just any old onion rings, they were amazing! They were presented in a little stack, growing in size. They were light but filling and very tasty.


Check out the size of this one!


For main, there weren't a lot of veggie options, but I think that for the type of things on the menu, the options available were enough. So, I went for the 'Veggie Leggie' burger with fries. The menu said that the "grilled Veggie Leggie patty is topped with a grilled Portobello mushroom, zucchini, yellow squash and roasted red pepper. Served on a toasted bun with mayo, leaf lettuce, sliced tomato and grilled sweet onions."

Toasted buns and portobello mushrooms are two of my favourite things in a veggie burger. The burger itself is soy mince, rather than a bean type pattie that restaurants usually offer on the menu. The salad and veggies tasted really fresh and added a lot of flavour. I can imagine that all together it would be amazing, but the burgers were too big for our mouths, so we cut them into smaller chunks.

The fries were a thicker cut style chips, cooked to just the right level of crispyness on the outside with fluffy potato inside. I know we weren't too keen on at least one of the sauces, but I can't remember which. We kept the little guitar sticks too, but I think I misplaced mine before we left. :(


After all of that, there wasn't any room in our tums for desert!

It cost us just over £20 each for a meal, a drink and a shared side. Which I didn't think was a bad deal for a restaurant in Paris, and I think I actually expected to pay a bit more at the Hard Rock Cafe anyway. I'd definitely visit a HRC again, and try out the other veggie options and maybe a desert. Definitely some more of those yummy onion rings.

Have a look and see if there's one near you!

Have you ever been to a Hard Rock Cafe? What did you make of it?

See you next time. :)









Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment