Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Lipstick Tag

Hello everyone!
So I thought i'd take a break from the battle i've been losing horrendously with trying to get my blog to look how I want it to, and actually make a post! Hopefully i'll have a desk area soon, so i'll be getting right on with some swatching and product reviews!

But for now I thought i'd give 'The Lipstick Tag' a go. I first saw this post on a blog I really enjoy reading called The A Style by Alexandra, and you can find the original post here.

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I just counted. Not including lip glosses or liquid style lipsticks... I have a grand total of 14 Lipsticks. Out of these, one is from Topshop, one Barry M, one Mac, two Lime Crime and the rest are Illamasqua.

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
The first lipstick I ever owned, i'm not entirely sure you would count it as being under my ownership. It was one of my mothers moisturising lipsticks from Avon that I had somehow commandeered as a small child and she never saw again. I surprised her recently by replacing it... After about 14 years.

3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
Now this is a hard question... Looking at my collection you would probably think it is Illamasqua, and they're most definitely a contender for the title. However, I do love my Lime Crime lipsticks just as much.

 Lime Crime - Serpentina

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
My most worn lipstick is my Mac Viva Glam Cyndi Lauper. It's kind of my default 'go-to' lipstick as i've had it around three years now and for quite some time it was the only lipstick I really had. (I also had a Viva Glam Gaga but somehow I lost it.) I still remember how excited I was when I got my first tax rebate and went to the Mac counter to get them.

Mac Viva Glam - Cyndi Lauper

5. What is your favourite finish?
Matte. I adore matte finish anything. 

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
The last lipstick I bought was Illamasqua 'Disciple'. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is just something so enticing to me about a blue lipstick. Personally I think they're great for looking a bit different on nights out, and amazing for selfie taking and even fancy dress... Although I do expect i'd get a few strange looks if I popped this colour on to nip into Tesco...

Illamasqua - Disciple
7. How many lip products do you have in your bag?
Currently? I have 19 different lip products in my bag, as I haven't unpacked them after taking them in to work to show my co-worker who wanted a peek at my collection. As a more general rule of thumb, I tend to have two or three loitering around in there. Usually, a balm, a gloss and a lipstick.

8. What is your favourite red lip color?
I seem to have almost every colour under the rainbow, yet reds don't really feature much in my collection. As much as I adore my Lime Crime 'Glamour 101' deep red, I think the title of my favourite red has to go to the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer in Reckless. The colour is absolutely beautiful, and it just feels so soft when applied, and has staying power! It is well worth its £3 price tag, and i'll definitely be picking up the other shades.

 MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - Reckless

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
For now, I keep all my make up in a draw, using left over boxes from perfume gift sets to seperate face, eyes, lips and nails. However, once i've finished tinkering with the layout and furniture in my room, i'm hoping to find a nicer way to store it all.

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
The entire Melt Cosmetics collection, which includes two brand new shades that have just been released, and a re-stock of almost all of their other shades. These have been sold out for what seems like so long, and i'm pretty sure they will sell out again before payday. So keep your fingers crossed there are some left for me when payday finally rears her sleepy head! Failing that, a few more Lime Crime lippies wouldn't go a miss... I'll definitely be setting aside some funds for the release of 'The Clueless Witch' collection in March.

Lime Crime 'The Clueless Witch Collection' Promo

If you think this looks like fun and decide to do 'The Lipstick Tag' too, please let me know in the comments so I can visit your blog! Thanks for looking! <3



PS Please excuse the picture quality. My camera is still nowhere to be found! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment