Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

I'm not quite sure where this tag came from. But since I was tagged by Sarah @ Morrall of the Story.
I thought i'd give it ago, as tonight will be spent sobbing into pizza and doughnuts with my parents over the last three episodes of House. I've already seen them, i'm preparing to be an emotional wreck.



Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
My dream career is to be a writer. Well, an author to be more specific but writing in any creative capacity is what I desire most from a future career. Well, that may seem like a strange reason to start blogging, but lots of positions where I could get experience writing professionally actually recommend having a blog to use as a reference if there is no published work to submit. So here we are! 

I don't remember exactly when I started blogging, but I began on Wordpress and after a few posts and hating the blogs layout and eventually blog name, I skipped town to blogspot with a new blog name and a layout i'm a lot happier with.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I started out only really reading my friend Katy's blog. She's recently moved over to blogger from wordpress, so I think we'd both appreciate it if you had a peep! :) After that I also began regularly reading Drained Beauty. Since then if you'd call it 'falling in love' with a blog, i'd say Biohazardous Beauty. I'd love to hang out with her and her make up is always amazing. She has such a distinctive eye, that I can always tell when a brand posts a look of hers. That's a very strange thing to say, but check out her looks and tell me you don't get it. Dare ya.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I don't really think i've bought any specificly hyped product on the blogosphere, but I did buy my first Illamasqua items based on all the good things I was hearing in the blog world. After a visit to the counter in Birmingham (which was a smaller one then) and smelling the perfume, I had to have it. Then my collection magically got super big...

What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
1) Bloggers are friendly.
2) I pick up little tips to improve my make up all the time.
3) I feel in the loop about new stuff.
4) Lipstick.
5) It's not all about the products, it's peeps into peoples lives too and getting to know them through their posts.

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
I've learnt that sometimes spending more money on a product really is worth it. I don't really mean spending out for the super top range in everything, but at least investing a little more than I usually would for a product that suits my needs better, instead of sticking with the same old things that didn't really do the job so well just because they were cheaper.

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I spend way more time staring at my bank balance and willing it to go up. It never happens...

What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
Be friendly! I've been a bit scatterbrained so far, but I find that when I have a 'focus' day and interact with other bloggers, not only does it feel great, but I (excuse me if this seems really bad to say) think it will make people more willing to pop over and read your blog. If you are friendly and stop by to let someone know you enjoyed reading their post, not only does it feel good for them but you can make a new friend!
So that's my top tip. Be friendly! Talk to everyone!
What are your top 5 make-up brands?
1) Illamasqua
2) Too Faced
3) Sugarpill
5 ) Melt Cosmetics
4) Lime Crime

Recommend your top 5 beauty products
1) Too Faced - Lashgasm Mascara
2) Illamasqua - Pure Pigment
3) Nails Inc - Baker Street Polish.
4) Melt Cosmetics Lipstick. 
Space Cake is love.
5) Sugarpill - Pressed Eyeshadow.  
Especially Tako.

I tag:
Anyone who wants to take part!
And you. I tag you.



No comments:

Post a Comment