Sunday 5 October 2014

[Top Five] Scary Movies

Howdy folks! It's time for another 'Top Five' countdown!

I don't know about you but I spend most of October looking forward to Halloween, and one of the best ways to prep for the spooky season is with a stack of scary movies! I love a good horror films, though it takes a lot to spook me. So today i'm going to share what I think are five of the best horror films!

5. The Cabin In The Woods (2012)
A cabin. In some woods. A group of friends. What's that? How very scary and groundbreaking? I hear you. I wasn't expecting much either, but this seriously surprised me and I really liked it. It's not your average "spooky setting + killer = everyone dies" and we'll call it a horror film. Chris Hemsworth is in it too, if you need a dose of eye candy.

4. Silent Hill (2006)
I've been dying to dress up as a nurse for the longest time, but it's not something i'm confident I could pull off. I loved watching people play the games, as I'm useless at them. I was pretty excited when I found out it was going to be a film. Again, I didn't find it to be particularly fright-tastic, but it is definitely creepy in a very Silent Hill kind of way.

3. The Mist (2007)
Just. Whoa. The Mist is adapted from a Stephen King novel, so that's a good start. If you asked me to write a list of films I think everyone should see, this would definitely have a spot on that list as well.
 
2. Thir13n Ghosts (2001)
This genuinely spooked me at times, and is probably the best paranormal/ghost film i've seen yet. I find most ghost stories to be quite lacking and take a lot of time to really get going, so I usually don't like them. This is totally different, there's a lot to look at and take in. The set and character design are fantastic.

1. Saw (2004)
I love the Saw franchise, I especially like how they seem to always be quite different despite following the same patterns and recurring themes. The original Saw in particular has always stood out to me, as the folks behind it achieved great things with a low budget.

So there we have them! My five best from my favourite movie genre! How about yours?
What's your favourite scary movie? :p


No comments:

Post a Comment