Sunday 9 November 2014

Yankee Candle Christmas Advent Calender

I've been bad. Very, very bad. Yup. I only went and opened all the doors on my advent calender already. In fact, I pried those little doors open the second it arrived in mid October. I couldn't stop myself, I wanted to see what the lovely hidden tea lights smelt like! The entire package itself smelt really nice, so you can't blame me really.


The Yankee Candle advent calender comes in this quirky shaped box, with a beautiful white silver and blue wreath style packaging. If I could find a wreath that looked like this, I think i'd buy it. Behind each window is a different tea light, and two for Christmas Eve, making 25 tea lights in total.

The calender costs £25, so about £1 per tealight. Which seems really pricey if you think that you can buy the tea lights as individual scents in a 12 pack. (That's 60p per candle.) But the calender does include a good variety of scents, and the packaging is beautiful. When spread across the advent period, and not just as soon as you get it like I did, it's a nice alternative to chocolate advents without splashing out on a beauty advent...

There are six different candle scents in the calender, some are new for this year and a few I remember seeing around last year.

 <<source>>

Snowflake Cookie : A new Christmas tradition that is sure to charm: perfectly pretty holiday cookies, deliciously decorated with sugary pink icing.
Icicles : The crisp, winter forest scent of ice covered pine branches with tingly notes of spicy cinnamon.
Angel's Wings : Spirits rise on this beautiful airy aroma of joyfully sweet spun sugar, heavenly sheer flower petals and divinely smooth vanilla.
Cranberry Ice : Refreshingly tart and sweet! A cool, stimulating rush of frosty red fruits bursting with a tangy sweetness.
Christmas Cookie : Buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday sugar cookies.
Christmas Garland "The season comes to life in this lush aroma of fresh-cut pine boughs and zesty cranberries.

Icicles, Angel's Wings and Christmas Cookie are my favourite from the candle. Icicles is fresh like a chilly morning, where Angel's Wings and Christmas Cookie are sweeter. Christmas Garland is quite similar to Christmas Wreath which I have a large jar of and really like. It smells like Christmas tree to me.

Have any of you picked up this advent calender? Did you have a little more will power than I did?

Let me know!








Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment