Tuesday 2 December 2014

Balloons aren't always a good idea.

Wait a second, where did last week go? It zipped right by me so fast that I didn't get to finish off a few interesting posts I was working on. Whoooops! Never fear, they will be coming in the next few days and should be a little more help with your Christmas shopping *hinthint*. Todays post is a little different. A little life update, if you will, about one of my lesser genius ideas.

I graduated over a year ago, but I never 'unliked' a couple of the student related pages on Facebook. One of which posted this interesting article about low cost and student friendly gifts. Of course, being the bright spark that I am, I saw suggestion about stuffing sweets or teeny tiny gifts inside balloons and thought, 'This is a great way to wrap my friends birthday present!' A gift comprised of lots of small travel sized items, mainly health and beauty, with a few other essentials.


So I grabbed a pack of balloons from Tesco, and sat down with the bounty of goodies and got and began 'wrapping'... Yeah, no. It could possibly work with a different type of balloon, but it was a little too late to find that out.  Did it stop me? No. No it did not. I persevered despite it being pretty difficult, and in the end I got a good selection of products inside the balloons. I thought I would have given up way before I did, but I somehow got through it all.

For the bigger items that were never going to fit into balloon, I buried them in shredded paper and put them in the bottom of a really big box before piling all the balloons on top. The last piece of the puzzle was to stick a pin inside the birthday card, with a cryptic note declaring she'd need it later. I love unique wrapping just as much as unique gifts, but this proves that balloons aren't always a good idea.


Anyone got any tips for cute and creative wrapping to share?









Catch up with me;

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is such a cute idea :D I have never heard of this before, but I love it xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had loads of fun opening it, but was absolute murder on my fingers!!!
      Just be sure if you ever give it a go, use super tiny presents!!! :P

      Ray xo <3

      Delete