Tuesday 21 October 2014

Work It! : October Birchbox

Birchbox had serious game this month in terms of their spoiler releases and shipping times. I think we were barely settling into the second week of the month and my box had arrived!

 Birchbox have partnered with Coppafeel this October for the Work It! theme. The tip cards this month include a daily planner to help get motivated and achieve goals. This months extras were the really sweet duo above, a pink make up bag and lipstick pen. As October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, the card also includes a guide on how to properly check for any early warning signs.
So what goodies did October have in store?

Lollipops Nail Lacquer (£7)
This was the first thing I pulled out of my box. A really nice red polish. Although I seem to be getting a lot of French products that originate in Paris. The world is teasing me! But at least it's given me a nice suggesstion of a cool accessory shop to make sure I stop at in the city.

Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm in Honey Nectar (£8 / 4g)
I was kind of hoping for the other colour but this is actually a rather nice nude, and I think it'll definitely get more than it's fair share of use. It has a kind of vanilla, cakey smell and quite a nice soft formula. Would I pay £8 for a lipbalm? Probably not. It's still nice to have and a welcome addition to my collection.

Shaveworks The Cool Fix (£11 / 60ml)
Well this can't hurt to give a whirl can it? 'The Cool Fix' promises treat ingrown hair and soothe razer burns, bumps and redness. It's a decent sized sample, at 29ml it's practically half the full size. It has quite a medicinal smell to me, and I probably shouldn't like it... But I kind of do...

KMS California HAIR PLAY Playable Texture Spray (£15.50 / 200ml)
I hadn't heard of KMS California before, but I'm willing to give anything a go that promises to do something to put some style into my unruly hair. This is a good size sample, containing 75ml of product. What's really interesting is this one claims you can add more product to change your hair throughout the day without worrying about build up... That sounds far too good to be true, so I definitely think I need to test that out.

Cattier Pink Clay Mask For Sensitive Skin (£4.25 / 100ml)
See! More from Paris! Everything is taunting me. Why did we book our flights so far in advance.
This pink clay 'complexion boosting' mask arrived in two 25ml sachets. I'm going to to stash the second away in my travel bag. The price for this mask isn't too bad either, so it's something i'd definitely consider purchasing in the future.

All in all I think this is a pretty cool box with a nice range of products. It was nice this month to see something influenced by my beauty profile this month, which I haven't really noticed happen before. I'm looking forward to seeing what Birchbox do theme wise for November. With the Christmas Party season fast approaching, i'm hoping for something glittery.

Do you have a Birchbox subscription? What goodies did you get this month?

Don't have a subscription and fancy one? Why not use my referral link by clicking here to sign up!









Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment